Green Buckwheat, Apple, and Cranberry Salad with Lemon Maple Vinaigrette
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup green buckwheat groats, soaked overnight
- 1 large green apple, cut into matchsticks
- 2 cups baby spinach
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon real maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
How To Cook
1. Transfer the green buckwheat to a saucepan, cover with 3 centimeters of water, and bring to a boil.
2. Reduce to a simmer, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes or until the green buckwheat is tender but still has bite.
3. Pour the green buckwheat into a fine-mesh strainer and rinse the buckwheat under cold water—drain well.
4. Transfer the cooked green buckwheat to a large salad bowl with the apple, spinach, cranberries, and almonds. Toss to combine.
5. Whisk the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl.
6. Pour the dressing over the salad, toss to distribute the dressing, and serve.