Makes about 36 cookies
- 1 cup Siberian Kiwi Buckwheat Groats
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup creamy or crunchy peanut butter
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Add the Siberian Kiwi Buckwheat Groats to a blender or coffee grinder.
2. Run the blender or grinder for 4-5 minutes or until the buckwheat achieves a flour-like consistency.
3. Measure ½ cup of buckwheat flour then transfer to a bowl with the all-purpose flour, baking soda, powder, and salt.4.
4. Whisk. These are your dry ingredients.
5. Add the unsalted butter to a large mixing bowl with the peanut butter. Beat on medium-high until combined.
6. Add both sugars to the butter mixture as well as the egg and vanilla extract. Beat until creamy.
7. Add the dry ingredients.
8. Mix until a dough forms.
9. Chill in the refrigerator for 45 minutes.
10. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
11. Line two cookie sheet with parchment paper.
12. Shape the cookie dough into 1 inch balls once chilled.
13. Arrange about 1 ½ inches apart on the prepared cookie sheets.
14. Dip the tines of a fork into granulated sugar and flatten each ball of dough while creating hash marks on the top.
15. Bake for 7-8 minutes or until the cookies are lightly browned