½ cup of lightly toasted (brown) buckwheat
1x cup of water
1x serving of avocado, peeled and sliced
5x cherry tomatoes, diced
1x lime, squeezed
1x small serving of red onion, thinly sliced
1 ½ tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1x tablespoon of fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
1x small serving of fennel seed
1x small serving of cayenne pepper
1x small serving of freshly ground pepper
1x medium serving of soft goat cheese, crumbled
How To Cook
- Combine water and buckwheat in a saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover the saucepan, and simmer until the buckwheat is firm yet tender to the bite.
- Rinse buckwheat under cold water and drain.
- On a big bowl, add cherry tomatoes, red onion, olive oil, parsley, fennel seed, cayenne pepper, lime juice and grounded pepper together in a large bowl until evenly combined. Add buckwheat and stir gently; top with goat cheese.
- Add sliced avocado neatly on the dish.