- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch of asparagus, ends trimmed
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- ½ cup Siberian Kiwi Buckwheat Groats
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
2. Rinse the chicken breasts and pat dry before placing onto the baking sheet.
3. Generously season the chicken with salt and black pepper. Add the oregano as well.
4. Lightly drizzle with oil and place the chicken into the oven to bake for 15 minutes.
5. Toss the asparagus with a drizzle of oil, a generous pinch of salt and black pepper.
6. Arrange in an even layer on the baking sheet with the chicken. Top with the garlic and onion.
7. Continue to cook for another 15 minutes.
8. Remove from the oven, lightly tent with foil to keep warm and set aside.
9. Add the buckwheat to a pot with the water and a generous pinch of salt.
10. Bring to a boil.
11. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 7-8 minutes or until tender.
12. Drain excess liquid.
13. Roughly chop the asparagus then add to the buckwheat along with the onion, 2 teaspoons of olive oil, a generous pinch of salt, black pepper, and mint. Toss until well combined.
15. Top each serving with a chicken breast and serve.